Będlewo, September 17-21, 2012
The idea of Polish Combinatorial Conferences was born after a very successful meeting: Poznań – Zielona Góra Workshop on Combinatorics, in Będlewo (October 2006).
Consecutive conferences are meant to integrate Polish and international combinatorial community. As the conference is mostly dedicated to young scientists, we plan several invited talks, and a couple of tutorials for PhD students, by leading world experts in Combinatorics.
The scope of the conference is intended to cover most aspects of modern combinatorics, including graph theory, probabilistic combinatorics, extremal combinatorics, combinatorial optimization, algorithmic problems, combinatorial number theory, applications of combinatorics in computer science.
This year we propose also a satellite workshop scheduled just before the conference: Problems in Combinatorics and Posets session, September 12-15, 2012.
- Noga Alon, Tel Aviv University, Coloring random Cayley graphs
- Anders Björner, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Graph properties from a topological perspective — what, how and why
- Dieter Kratsch, Université Paul Verlaine - Metz, Exact exponential algorithms
- Mathias Schacht, University of Hamburg, On the KLR conjecture in sparse random graphs
- Endre Szemerédi, Rutgers University, New Jersey, On the absorption method
- Wojciech Szpankowski, Purdue University, Indiana, Analytic combinatorics (of P. Flajolet): Profile of digital trees
Friday, September 21, is the day of tutorials. Two independent courses are proposed and their titles will be announced soon. Each course will consist of a few hours of lectures, followed by exercises and solutions sessions. It will be possible, although quite hectic, to attend both courses. The tutorials will be led by
- Łukasz Kowalik, University of Warsaw, Algebraic approach to exact algorithms, slides: [pdf]
- Tibor Szabó, Free University Berlin, Positional Games: The Neighborhood Conjecture and its neighborhood
Participants are invited to give contributed talks. You can find the details here. The deadline for the title and abstract submission is August 1, 2012.
open mind prize
The Open Mind Prize, established in 2010, is awarded biennially to a junior researcher for outstanding research in combinatorics. The awards are announced at the Polish Combinatorial Conferences and the awardees are expected to attend the ceremony and give a lecture. The theme of the prize comes from the saying of Paul Erdős: My mind is open. The rules are here. The deadline for applications was June 30, 2012.
The nominees are: Marek Cygan, Jakub Przybyło and Wojciech Samotij.
The registration fee is 350 PLN (approx. 80 EUR) and it covers materials of the conference, conference dinner and other social events.
As a special offer, which is possible due to financial support of Stefan Banach International Mathematical Center, we can cut the local expences to 550 PLN (approximately 130 EUR). This includes a bed in a double or single room and full day meals for 16th (supper) - 22nd (lunch) September together with transportation from and to Poznan. One can stay one night longer for an extra cost of 120 PLN (30 EUR).
For the possible method of payment please click here.
registrationThe deadline for registration is August 1, 2012. However, to help us with the logistics, please register at your earliest convenience. As soon as your registration is accepted, we will send you a confirmation email.
- Paweł M. Idziak, Jagiellonian University, Kraków
- Michał Karoński, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań
- Zbigniew Lonc, Warsaw University of Technology
- Tomasz Łuczak, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań
- Andrzej Ruciński, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań
- Mariusz Woźniak, AGH University of Science and Technology, Kraków
- Jarosław Grytczuk, Jagiellonian University, Kraków
- Jerzy Jaworski, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań
- Piotr Micek, Jagiellonian University, Kraków
- Paweł Naroski, Warsaw University of Technology
- Mateusz Nikodem, AGH University of Science and Technology, Kraków
- Katarzyna Rybarczyk-Krzywdzińska, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań
- Alina Szelecka, University of Zielona Góra
Looking forward to seeing you in Będlewo, the organizers.